Date(s) - October 3, 2023
7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
Grand Avenue Neighborhood Center
Do improv! No pressure to be funny or clever. You’re enough just the way you are. Come out and learn the art of improvisation in a safe way.
New 90 Minute Class
Come out and do improv in this fun accessible no pressure environment. Taught by local improviser Anthony Francis. Learn how to think fast on your feet, build confidence, and meet new people.
A typical class looks like this:
We get in a circle and do some warm up activities and Anthony goes over the rules. Then we break up into smaller groups or pairs for other activities. Finally we do some improv scenes and circle up one last time to say goodnight.
$10, cash or card at the door.
Reserve your classes now.
What to expect:
- Sign in and take your seat
- Anthony does intro and goes over rules
- Warm ups and exercises in a circle
- 2 person activities/ Group Activities
- Improv scenes with challenges
- “Warm Fuzzies” – go around the room and say something you liked that someone else said or did.
Before coming to class:
- Wear clothing you can bend and move around in and that covers you securely.
- Comfortable shoes you can move around in are also recommended.
- Avoid heavy colognes and perfumes.
- Respect the actors on stage by watching silently and applauding loudly.
- You are invited to perform “clean” and avoid cursing and vulgarity. It’s a fun challenge!
- No hitting, jumping on, or kissing anyone you don’t already have a hitting, jumping, kissing, agreement with.
- If you feel uncomfortable for any reason you can say “time out” or stop and we will stop the scene and reset or swap partners. No worries.
Meet your instructor!
Anthony Francis is the founder and artistic director of Improv U. He has been teaching actors, business professionals, parents, students and kids how to be more confident on and off stage since 2012. Anthony is an actor, comedian, singer, MC and host. He has performed and hosted improv shows in Chicago, New York, Portland, Miami, and more. He performs a fully improvised musical comedy show called “Ant Farm”.