Improv is about to get a whole lot more interesting! This 4 week session gives you a chance to play with the same people each week so you can build on the week before and really grow your skills.
If you have attended drop in classes but you want even more this is the class for you!
Couch to Stand Up
This is a 4-week course with a 12 student max cap.
Grand Avenue Neighborhood Center
800 Grand Street, Orlando, FL 32805
Starts Aug. 7, 2024
Show: Aug. 30
Sign Up Now
https://youtu.be/20Sp5ltuXHsTakeaways from this class include:
- This class is very little lecture and whole lot of time on stage
- Get sidecoaching in the moment so you get better on the fly
- Challenges and activites custom tailored to you and what you need
- You will learn how to support and improvise as a team and maybe even dive into some musical improv
This course will help you with:
You must have a basic understanding of agreement and gifting to be accepted into this class. If you are new to improv we strongly suggest starting here.
- Respect the actors on stage by watching silently and applauding loudly
- You are invited to perform “clean” and avoid cursing and vulgarity. It’s a fun challenge!
- No hitting, jumping on, or kissing anyone you don’t already have a hitting, jumping, kissing, agreement with.
- If you feel uncomfortable for any reason and need a timeout, just say “time out” and we will all cheer and take a short break.
In this session you will learn:
How to run an improv form
How to play multiple scenes and characters all around a single suggestion
How to edit scenes
Introduce you to playing with a large group
Ready to get started?
Have questions about this class?
Contact us below for help.
About your Instructor
Actor, comedian, presenter, and all around nice guy Anthony Francis is the founder and artistic director of Improv U. Since 2012 Anthony has been teaching people just like you to be more confident on and off stage. He has performed in Chicago, New York, Portland, Miami, and all over Florida. He performs a fully improvised comedy musical called “Ant Farm” and performs and produces “The Unwritten Sketch Show”. Anthony’s approach to teaching is focused on openness and positive reinforcement. Students say they feel welcome and encouraged when they work with Anthony.